Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HD Spinning 0-60 in 2 seconds...most every Program!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fenix1

fenix1

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:45 PM

Past few weeks most everytime i run a Program the Hard Drive spins "out of control"! Have 2 Megs of RAM. Have alot of "Services" shut off(possible problem). Shut some off after problem started. Pageing File set sufficient. Ran MBAM Rootkit and Malwarebytes. Found 6 problems and "Quarantined" and re-booted. Problem remains. Few days later ran ESETS online program and found 3 more...fixed. Problem remains. Have "Process Hacker 2...seems one of my "svchost.exe" services is out of control. AND i downloaded the latest version of Spybot S&D and it will NOT install! Says...Can't build Registry Key because of a Code 5, Access Denied! Computer is an Acer only 1 1/2 year old and has been cared for and maintained better than most take care of their Children. Been using computers since DOS in the early 90's; spent 2 years in College back in 95' studying them and this has got me really puzzled. Had a Machine bout 8 years ago that got "infected". I spent 3 days AND nights without sleep finding that ***! I did. I killed it and recovered my Computer! But, friends...this one is driving me nuts. I cannot figure this one out! HELP! PLEASE! Never have heard a HD run like this in over 20 years...Charlie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:07 AM

Hello fenix1 -
In August you posted a very similar topic but you never continued with it. Is this the same type of problem ??
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540674/msvcrtdll-in-windows-explorer-runs-cpu-at-50/#entry3419199
Here you posted "CPU is going nuts! Ha Ha Ha Ha."

If you do wish for some help, please try and run these programs, then Copy and Paste the results.

:step1:  Download Screen317 Security Check from Here or Here and save it to your Desktop.
 * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
 * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
 * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
 * Please Copy/Paste the contents of that document.
NOTE 1:: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to
NOTE 2. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! (or similar) message, restart computer and Security Check should run

:step2:  Please download MiniToolBox  to desktop to run it.
 Checkmark the following boxes:

• List content of Hosts
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size

Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
 Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)

:step3:  Please post a snapshot with Speccy for more system details -
How to Publish a snapshot with Speccy <<-- Full Directions Here (only Copy / Paste the link)

:step4:  Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
 A black DOS box will appear for a short time and then disappear.
 This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
 At most the tool will usually run for about 2 minutes
 Please Copy / Paste the small log back here.

Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.

:step5:  * NOW :
 Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
 * Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
 * Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
 * Click on the Scan button only once to ensure a correct reading
 * AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
 * After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
* Check the removals and see if you are OK with the list.
* Now
 * Click on the Clean button only once to ensure a correct reading
 * Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
 * Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
 * After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
 * Copy and Paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.

* A copy of all logfiles are also saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Please take your time, and we will see if the computer runs OK.

From these we will be able to understand your problem a bit better ..........

Thank You -

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:24 AM

Please post the MBAM and MBAR logs.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items.  Copy and paste this in your next post.

Open Malwarebytes AntiRootkit and click on the Logs tab, copy and post the log in your topic.

The Eset log can be found by going to Computer.

Click on C: drive, then click on Program Files (86).

Click on ESET, then click on ESET Online scanner.

Click on Quarantine, then copy the log and past it in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 fenix1

fenix1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:40 PM

GOOD NEWS my Friends. Thanks to "noknojon" and "Arachibutyrophobia"s suggestions; i ran everything they advised. Didn't post results. Instead scoured all the results of suggested Programs and found i had 20 "Suspect" files and 10 Entrys in my "Host" file and under Firefox that were causing my problems. I first ran "AdwCleaner" and it found all the corrupt files and hosts. I clicked on "clean"...WRONG. I re-booted and when i tried to access the Net i couldn't. Ran Restore...didn't complete. Ran Recover...no dice! Diagnostics said Network Protocol was Missing. Checked "Services" and found that something had changed all 3 of my "Peer" services to Manual. Changed them back to Automatic and then managed to get online. Seems the problem was in my "Hosts" file and Firefox. Had 10 entrys that were obviously creating havoc with my HD and Memory. I downloaded a program called "Windows Repair" and got it to re-build my Host File. There were a "Bazillion" entrys on it including the 10 suspect and now there's only 1...Local. Also got it to do alot of other things to different settings and the results are amazing. HD is now operating normally...can hardly hear it now. Before it was spinning "uncontrollably" at "Mach II"...Ha Ha Ha Ha. Anyways, i really appreciate you Guys for steering me in the right direction. Without you 2 AND the rest of the "BC" bunch i'd be in real trouble! Thanks everyone!   Charlie, AKA...Fenix1 

Edited by fenix1, 11 October 2014 - 07:48 PM.

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:10 PM

Hi -

We always like the logs for 2 reasons.

First it shows us the programs that you did actually use, and second we can trace which program fixed the "problem".

It also shows us if there was actually a problem removed ..............

#6 fenix1

fenix1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:21 PM

Understood...i WILL follow Protocol from now on. And again, Thanks to you an All at "BP"! You folks are amazing!...Fenix1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users