Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows xp won't boot but flashes red error message" You have not connected"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jamesmilstead

jamesmilstead

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:23 PM

My computer with Win XP has had for 10 years a Visiontek HD 2400 Pro 256 AGP the video card. It has ran fine for years. Recently I accidentally turned the computer off, now when I hit the power on button instead of booting normally a message in red flashes saying

"You have not connected the power cable to your video card. Please refer to the 'C settings started guide' for proper hardware installation.

The computer won't boot so I cant check drivers etc. This happened once before and I cleaned the card contacts several times and pulled it out and put it in a few times, it finally worked. This time it won't boot no matter what.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 October 2014 - 10:31 PM.
moved from Windows 7 to XP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:10 PM

Sounds like it's time for a new one. MIght want to try it in another computer before condemning it though.

#3 jamesmilstead

jamesmilstead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

ok thanks. The issue with buying a new card is I just use this machine for storage of photos basically. I replaced it with a lap top running win 7.  Hate to spend lots of money on a new card. Will any "  cheapo" AGP card work for what I am using it for ie no gaming, no internet browsing?

Edited by jamesmilstead, 07 October 2014 - 01:11 PM.

#4 david.coffman

david.coffman

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:45 AM

If all your doing is storing pics on it and not doing any media intensive then a cheap video card would be fine. It doesn't have to be AGP, if you really want to save money you could just pick up an old PCI video card and that would get the job done just as well for what your doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users