Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Insane lag only in League of Legends game

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KevinHNgu

KevinHNgu

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:02 PM

Wireless Adapter : TP-LINK TL-WDN4200

Operating System - windows 7 64-bit

Router - Netgear (serial number - 2J31115W0A657) n900

Malwarebytes Pro

Comodo Firewall

MSE (turned off)

Around the same time my previous adapter died (Trendnet TEW-684UB) the router was move about half a foot behind a TV. Connection shows that it has 4 bars of 5. My computer only has rates that average about 5 kbs for league, and the connection drops, especially when playing League of Legends which is VERY VERY VERY constant. There's another pc next to mine that I used to download the driver straight onto a flash drive, but now it almost suffers the same problem and is less severe. Youtube at 1080p doesn't make myself lag as hard as league where it says my ping either disconnects or goes to 2000. Youtube a 1080p is smooth and speeds max at 700kbs when i use it. More specifically, when animations by other characters are done I lag harder, so I think it's inbound traffic that's more of a nucance. I'd like my internet, not just league, and friend's internet to be fixed. League still has the brunt of the problem. When I installed the drivers, I didn't have my external cd drive with me and had to use device manager to manually install it. Please help me, it's become a problem I cannot fix. I have not tried any other games prior to this post.

Main concerns in order

Fix League of Legends

Fix whole internet and friends

Mabye fix problems in my pc in general even though this is wrong post to do so. Some problems may be affecting the internet.

Wireless Adapter : TP-LINK TL-WDN4200

Operating System - windows 7 64-bit

Router - Netgear (serial number - 2J31115W0A657) n900

Malwarebytes Pro

Comodo Firewall

MSE (turned off)

Around the same time my previous adapter died (Trendnet TEW-684UB) the router was move about half a foot behind a TV. Connection shows that it has 4 bars of 5. My computer only has rates that average about 5 kbs for league, and the connection drops, especially when playing League of Legends which is VERY VERY VERY constant. There's another pc next to mine that I used to download the driver straight onto a flash drive, but now it almost suffers the same problem and is less severe. Youtube at 1080p doesn't make myself lag as hard as league where it says my ping either disconnects or goes to 2000. Youtube a 1080p is smooth and speeds max at 700kbs when i use it. More specifically, when animations by other characters are done I lag harder, so I think it's inbound traffic that's more of a nucance. I'd like my internet, not just league, and friend's internet to be fixed. League still has the brunt of the problem. When I installed the drivers, I didn't have my external cd drive with me and had to use device manager to manually install it. Please help me, it's become a problem I cannot fix. I have not tried any other games prior to this post.

Main concerns in order

Fix League of Legends

Fix whole internet and friends

Mabye fix problems in my pc in general even though this is wrong post to do so. Some problems may be affecting the internet.

I have cox internet, which I think is cable

My pc is custom

motherboard : Biostar EX4 (stands for extreme 4, should be only one of those)

everything else should be more than strong enough to be effective and psu is gold plus, reliable

I think something is limiting my League of Legends inbound traffic

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KevinHNgu

KevinHNgu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:29 PM

I instead would like to talk on this thread, I wasn't sure which thread to post on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550967/slow-rates-and-constant-disconnections-with-new-adapter/

#3 KevinHNgu

KevinHNgu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:36 PM

Ok, it seems that other games get lag too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users