Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connect a higher capacity ac adapter for full performance

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 earlgun

earlgun

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:02 PM

I have recently started seeing this pop-up message - 'For full performance, connect a higher capacity AC adapter'.  It shows up when I plug in the AC adapter, but, not every time.  The message is in a small blue box w/ a rocket in the corner.

The computer's battery meter shows that it charges to 100% and stops charging. 

What else does it need?

Laptop is a G60-535DX with Windows 7.  AC adapter is standard 65 watt that came w/ computer new.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:07 PM

Hi

Click this link and read the Alerts: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=4041434

Best of luck and Please keep BC posted!

Rock On! :guitar:

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:15 PM

You are getting this message from HP software that came installed on your machine. This software does nothing for your machine but slow it down. 99% of the products they add are already covered in the Win operating system. I always remove all this bloatware from the Programs and Features option in the control panel as soon as I boot the machine for the first time.

As to the specific error itself. It could mean that your battery is slightly under-performing, or your power supply. Or it could mean nothing at all. The internet is littered with people experiencing this same "warning" with no discernible issues otherwise.

I would just uninstall the HP bloatware.

#4 earlgun

earlgun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:34 PM

Hi

Click this link and read the Alerts: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=4041434

Best of luck and Please keep BC posted!

Rock On! :guitar:

I had checked this link previously and it doesn't apply to me.  No telling why, I have recently started getting this message, the laptop has been happy w/ it's adapter for 2 years now.  Thank you for your time!

#5 earlgun

earlgun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:47 PM

You are getting this message from HP software that came installed on your machine. This software does nothing for your machine but slow it down. 99% of the products they add are already covered in the Win operating system. I always remove all this bloatware from the Programs and Features option in the control panel as soon as I boot the machine for the first time.

As to the specific error itself. It could mean that your battery is slightly under-performing, or your power supply. Or it could mean nothing at all. The internet is littered with people experiencing this same "warning" with no discernible issues otherwise.

I would just uninstall the HP bloatware.

It could be the battery beginning it's downward decline to dying.  May be best, not to try to fix it, till it's broke.

I do like the idea of getting rid of the bloatware and have done away with some.  I'm not sure which of the 10 items listed in Programs and Features that I can safely remove and don't need.

Thanks for your response!

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:55 PM

It is more likely that it is your adapter going out than your battery. But they are very cheap to replace, when the time comes.

If you list what HP apps you have installed I will let you know which you can safely remove.

#7 Justa

Justa

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:56 PM

I got the same pop up on a brand new HP ENVY.  I've got a couple of machines and this particular model comes with a larger battery and charger.  The charger barely gets warm even when the battery is down and the screen is bright.  A few months ago I stopped getting the warning.

The other ENVY I have is a less expensive model and came with a smaller capacity battery and lower capacity charger.  If the battery is low and the screen is bright the charger gets very hot.  Never got the warning on this machine but it would make more sense on this machine.  I always try to keep the charger adapter in open air so it can dissipate as much heat as possible.

#8 earlgun

earlgun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:08 AM

It is more likely that it is your adapter going out than your battery. But they are very cheap to replace, when the time comes.

If you list what HP apps you have installed I will let you know which you can safely remove.

These are the HP listings.  Thanks.

HP Advisor
HP Customer Experience Enhancements
HP DVD Play 3.7
HP Games
HP Quick Launch Buttons
HP Setup
HP Smart Web Printing
HP Update
HP User Guides 0156
HP Wireless Assistant

#9 earlgun

earlgun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:17 AM

I got the same pop up on a brand new HP ENVY.  I've got a couple of machines and this particular model comes with a larger battery and charger.  The charger barely gets warm even when the battery is down and the screen is bright.  A few months ago I stopped getting the warning.

The other ENVY I have is a less expensive model and came with a smaller capacity battery and lower capacity charger.  If the battery is low and the screen is bright the charger gets very hot.  Never got the warning on this machine but it would make more sense on this machine.  I always try to keep the charger adapter in open air so it can dissipate as much heat as possible.

Interesting.  The more I learn, the more I realize, that sometimes these wonderful computers are going to have issues that just don't make sense.  Thanks for the input.

#10 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:17 PM

HP Advisor
HP DVD Play 3.7
HP Games
HP Quick Launch Buttons
HP Setup
HP Smart Web Printing
HP Update
HP User Guides 0156
HP Wireless Assistant

The only application out of these I would keep is the Quick Launch Buttons. The rest is either junk or just not necessary.

#11 earlgun

earlgun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:10 PM

HP Advisor
HP DVD Play 3.7
HP Games
HP Quick Launch Buttons
HP Setup
HP Smart Web Printing
HP Update
HP User Guides 0156
HP Wireless Assistant

The only application out of these I would keep is the Quick Launch Buttons. The rest is either junk or just not necessary.

Thanks for your help.

#12 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:07 PM

You're welcome

:busy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic