Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reproducing A Dvd

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:58 PM

Now just to start off don't give me a bunch of legal crap in the first reply... this is a DVD that I made and of the school band... kind of a end of year souvenir kind of thing of when we played and some trips we have done....

Now the thing is it take 45 minutes to burn the DVD but I think that is mainly because it has all that transcoding to do... I was wondering if I take the dvd that I just burned (with all the files in the right format and all) and opened it in windows explorer... transfered the files and folders into a folder on my hardrive and then burned the as a DATA cd would that work??

If that doesn't work is there a way to burn them any faster??

I have 60 copies to make...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 11 June 2006 - 12:58 AM

Cds only have 700MB capacity, where as the DVDs have 4.5GB, so it would depend on the size of the file, and then you would want to burn it as a CD video, not data.

Have you tried to make a copy of the DVD yet, and what software are you using, and what kind of files do you finally wind up with?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2006 - 08:52 AM

Well I used Nero to author the master copy. Now I only have a DVD burner in my computer (I don't have another DVD-rom to make direct copies).

I juste got the idea if I use DVD Shrink like I would use to copy regular DVDs... (BTW Here in Canada it is legal to copy DVDs for your own personal use(backup))

Edited by Klinkaroo, 11 June 2006 - 08:55 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 11 June 2006 - 09:36 AM

You can use either dvd shrink of nero to burn your copies, you could even burn a copy form each one to see if either of them is faster.

I'm guessing that you burned on copy of this project already? If so all you have to do is use nero to copy a dvd, insert the burned disk, let nero copy, exchange media when prompted, and burn another. At the end nero will ask you if you want to do it again, click yes and repeat the process.

If this involves anything else, please either pm or email me as there are some topics that we can not go into here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2006 - 09:47 AM

Problem solved. I used a program to make an image of my DVD. Then I used Nero ImageDrive to make a virtual drive. Then I used Nero to copy a DVD and set the source drive to F: (wich is my virtual drive) and the destination drive to D: (wich is my burner).

Hope this helps anyone reading this post.

Edited by Klinkaroo, 11 June 2006 - 11:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users