Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 wont wake up from sleep

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 angelosg87

angelosg87

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:29 PM

Hello

I have windows 8.1 and noticed that my pc wont wake up from sleep after a long time. For example afte 10-20 minutes it wakes up. But after 1 hour it wont wake up. Even if i disaple sleep mode, the monitor wont wake up.

I have tried sever things that found online thought I have not yet been able to solve the problem..

Any ideas??rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:03 PM

Have you tried hitting the power button.

It varies from one machine to the other, but I have a few here that react that way.

All is well in Paradise.

#3 angelosg87

angelosg87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:00 AM

Yes.. I does not make any difference!

#4 PickersAngel

PickersAngel

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:04 AM

I have had that problem intermittently recently.  I am able to wake it using CTRL+ALT+DEL, which takes you to the screen with Lock, Task Manager, etc.  and allows you to just hit the "Back" icon to return to the Desktop.  Yeah, it's darned annoying.  Now I'm dealing with a constantly refreshing Desktop and windows that disappear when you place the cursor in a text box. :mellow:

#5 angelosg87

angelosg87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

The keybord is dead.. I tried the CTRL ALT DEL but nothing...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users