Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

In search of a Gaming Motherboard...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tobymac987

tobymac987

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:57 AM

Hello everyone,

I am going to try to build a laptop for light gaming and multimedia.  I dont plan to push this to the edge and want everygame running at the highest graphics level possible.  I am mostly going to use the computer for 3d design, blender, second life, and maybe some call of duty.  I want to build a decent gaming pc for around $500 as i dont need harddrives or ram i have plenty of that lying around.  I want to see if anyone can name off some decent motherboard that can be used for gaming and 3d design.  I want it to be able to handle at least 16 gig of ram.  I was looking at a Asus Sabertooth z87.  I dont mind buying parts off ebay as now ebay offers the 100% satisfaction guranteed.  Thanks for any help guys and im open to any suggestions.

Edited by hamluis, 06 October 2014 - 12:55 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to System Building - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 671 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

I am going to try to build a laptop for light gaming and multimedia.

Laptop or Desktop?

#3 tobymac987

tobymac987
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

Desktop for sure

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:19 AM

$500 seems a bit low for a full PC.  The motherboard, CPU, and GPU alone could easily blow past that.  Of course, it all depends on what you consider decent in terms of performance.  To save money, I would look at AMD CPU's or, if you want to use Intel, an H97 board.  Upping your budget to $750 would be a good idea.

3939.png

#5 tobymac987

tobymac987
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:08 PM

I know that might seem low but i intend to buy most of the parts used on eBay. I could go to 750 though i just need some idea of some good motherboards. If i check eBay most motherboards already have the cpu. I don't mind if the motherboard is a few years old i don't need a beast just something for bssic 3d rendering.

#6 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:32 AM

A good choice for motherboards for AMD is an AMD 970-based board paired with an FX-8000 or FX-6000 series processor.  This should be reasonably low cost.  An AMD APU-based system would also be a good choice if you don't want to buy an add-in graphics card.  For those, I'd go for an A78 or A88X-based board paired with an A6 or better APU.  For motherboard manufacturers, Asus and Gigabyte are considered to be two of the best.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users