Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

KB 3001554 update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MariStarr

MariStarr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:01 PM

I had a problem with this update KB 3001554.  After update, Foxfire crash, could not access internet, windows would freeze. Same with chrome.  My Icons didn't work could not open my programs or it was sooo slow took sometimes minutes. In short my computer was behaving badly.  I scan for spyware using Super-Anti spyware and Malwarebytes - Anti Malaware and these programs was very very slow not normal not fast at all.  I decide do restore system and it took two times first try fail second time error says it was not complete however it did restore the windows to earlier date. My avast anti-virus was turn off and I could not fix it. I was told to reinstall it which I did and it work. I note the update was ready to install on my computer I decide to go on internet to see if anyone had this problem with this update and indeed their were some complaints. So I conclude this update cause all this problem on my computer.  I went to windows update click on hide this update so it will not install on my computer.  Now my computer is doing fine.  It took many hours to reslove this problem and I do hope I can spare others from this.   

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scoop8

Scoop8

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:11 PM

Thanks for the info on KB3001554.  I had read elsewhere that some people were experiencing some problems after installing this update. 

I have it "hidden" for now in my Windows Update Console since I use my DVD Drives a lot on both of my Win PC's and they're all working ok without the update.

This isn't related to your post but you may want to consider getting familiar with various full-HDD backup methods and choose a backup schedule that best suits your PC's.

This provides a fast way to roll back your entire HDD in the event of encountering MS updates that create problems, bad downloads, and other unwanted issues that arise on your PC's.

It will return your PC to its condition prior to installing MS updates that cause problems, as well as the other possibilities mentioned.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:38 AM

Information appreciated...may serve to lower stress levels on others experiencing similar symptoms.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users