Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Setup Questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ariel Levi

Ariel Levi

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:24 PM

Thank you in advance for any and all responses to my questions. 

(I also downloaded the MiniToolBox as requested)

My system; 2010 regular computer, emachine ET1831-07 2.70GHz Pentium, 64 bit Windows 7.

CLEAR wireless internet. Belkin N600DB nt router, model F9K1102v3.

I'm receiving an ASUS D550CA-R531 Laptop/notebook w an i3 1.80 chip, Windows 8 64 bit.

(My CLEAR system includes a second USB modem, which is now lost and was never used;

one question is can I have CLEAR replace this laptop modem for me?)

My computer skills are still rather novice, but I can learn fast and will study any technical words used in your responses.

I wish to ask for advise on hooking up the new laptop through my main CLEAR net connection through the Belkin router.

As a novice I can learn, but am clueless on how to accomplish this task. Thank you for all advice.

Another question is will both computers be able to be used at the same time, or will this "overwork" my one CLEAR connection?

I am very grateful for all assistance. Feel free to tell me where I should study more on what I need to learn as well.

Thank you all again.....Ariel.

Edited by Ariel Levi, 06 October 2014 - 11:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:45 PM

I would advise breaking this down into separate questions.  First get the second machine working, you're probably going to have to work with Clear on this.  Then ask the other questions as needed.  A lot of people are going to be turned off by a wall of text.

#3 Ariel Levi

Ariel Levi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:56 PM

Thank you Kilroy. That's already a good start w info. (I'm more used to music forums). I'll follow your advice, thank you.

(I was a bit concerned about doing too many threads)

Edited by Ariel Levi, 05 October 2014 - 09:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users