Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to keep video files working after order has ended?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Noobb

Noobb

• Banned
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:58 PM

I have an order to adult website and they told me videos which i have downloaded stop working when my membership expires.

how can i keep these videos working after that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 05 October 2014 - 05:42 PM

Since the ability to view the videos is precipitated by membership, you're asking how to still view but not pay. That's considered copyright infringement or theft of service. Which is a violation of our forum rules. I'll quote just the relevant section below:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Noobb

Noobb
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 05:45 PM

What a forum, whwres freedom of speech? have a good day

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 05:56 PM

You might want to research your First Amendment rights. Free Speech applies to the United States government. This is a private forum which you registered to post within. The government is not restricting you. Our forum rules which you accepted when you validated your account is what's being enforced.

"The First Amendment directly specifies what the government may not do, not what individual citizens may do, and
even these limitations on government action aren't absolute."

https://net.educause.edu/ir/library/html/cem/cem97/cem9732.html]The First Amendment in Cyberspace

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 Noobb

Noobb
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:02 PM

Okay, Animal. Could you then point me to right direction whicj forum I can ask about this issue?

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:08 PM

Not enough information about your situation to have a clue where to direct you. Your best bet is Google.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#7 Noobb

Noobb
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:13 PM

I tried google,it did'nt do much good.

Do you know what kind of method they usually use those files to make them expire?

Could i cheat them with pc's own clock`?

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:17 PM

No idea, plus if I did know I wouldn't be able to tell you as thats breaking the rules. We can't help you plain and simple.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#9 Noobb

Noobb
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:23 PM

I see, could some other user tell me where I can ask about this, i'd be grateful

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:36 PM

We can't allow that. You keep wanting us to violate our rules. Asking others to violate them as well. This topic is now closed.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users