Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD playing civilisation V

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 randomusername

randomusername

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

So, two or 3 times in the last few months, I've experienced a feared blue screen of death. Now, this has occurred after playing a session of Civilisation V. Because my laptop struggles quite alot more than any of my other games with civilisation, my laptop becomes a little sluggish and I normally have to leave it for a couple of minutes to return to normal speed. However, a couple times now during these sluggish periods a BSOD has occurred, often when I've tried to say, open Google while it's still speeding up again. The graphics on the screen go distorted for a second, and then BSOD.

I haven't noticed any performance issues after and the game itself runs perfectly fine. I've been through with a few scanners and cleaners and, aside from the odd junk file, they can't find any virus' or anything. 

So, what should I do? Do you think this might be occurring due to me putting too much strain on the system's resources, or is there a hardware problem, despite the fact I've never had this problem with other games. Perhaps I should just leave it for longer to "Cool off"?

Please note again that civilisation V is the only game my laptop struggles with (not in so much graphics or FPS, but it does get quite hot). I also unfortunately don't have the error code, nor do I know where to find it.

My specs: 4GB ram

AMD HD 6520G+7670M with 1GB dedicated

AMD quad core A6-3420M

2.40 GHZ processing speed

It is an Acer 5560G

Thanks for your help.

Edited by randomusername, 05 October 2014 - 02:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users