Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Downloader/Adware/CryptoLocker/many issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 weeze3

weeze3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:52 PM

Hello friendly helpers!

I don't know what to do about these issues. This laptop is used for random browsing and such. But the most important use is online college courses (ecampus) from a college in my area.

Adware recently started popping up on the ecampus, they are consistently refreshing and moving, and has made viewing assignments and exams near impossible. Because they move, one was accidently clicked on. Also, when I clicked on a document under one of my courses' assignments, it opened, but a new tab also opened. That tab was a site that began running a 'check' on my OS.

I uninstalled AVG since I am now running Emsisoft. Afterwards, I was suppose to restart my laptop but that didnt happen. A 'trojan downloader' was identified by Emsisoft.

My screen randomly blinks, kinda like it's taking a screenshot. My pointing device touchpad randomly failes to work. YouCam webcam keeps running even though I have disabled it numerous times.

Something nasty has to be in my laptop for it to be having these issues, or I'm just going insane. Although, I may be going insane anyway. Ha!

I would be so greatful to anyone that can help me with this.

**I am using Win 8.1, 64-bit OS, AMD E-300 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics, 1.30 GHz, 4GB RAM, Windows Firewall, Emsisoft Anti-Malware, and the main browser used is Mozilla Firefox.

Thanks in Advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users