Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restrictions Pass Code

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BARKEN9

BARKEN9

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

Hi I have a 4 week old iphone 5s and on looking at various settings in setting I found a section called Restrictions which I checked out and it asked for a Pass Code and I entered my sign in code which it said was incorrect. Is there some where I can find what the Default Pass Code is???? Thanks

My PC IS Windows 7 and Iphone  8.0.2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:57 PM

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4213

#3 x64

x64

• Members
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:09 PM

There is no "default" pass-code for restrictions.

In order to turn on restrictions the first time, the user presses a button called "Enable Restrictions" in the Restrictions page in General Settings. When the "Enable Restrictions button" is pressed, the user is prompted to enter their chosen restrictions pass code. So..... Whatever "restrictions pass-code" is on there currently must have been put on by a user.

If you have been the only user of that phone, is it possible that you accidentally set an older "main" pass-code of yours whist exploring settings (mistaking the choose a restrictions pass-code screen as being a request for the main pass-code)? 

x64

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users