Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't connect to internet while on static - Domain

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jennyjech

jennyjech

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:39 AM

As the title says, I can't connect to internet while on static and in the Domain at the same time. I know my default gateway, subnet mask, and IP range. 

While I'm in Domain and set up the IP to dhcp, it can receive and send data packets, I can ping websites etc, I have internet.

And when I change it to static IP it connects to the network but I cant browse. 

I'm not that knowledgeable to domains, but I can understand how it works.

Hope some you you guys can help me clear this out. thank you in advance. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:30 AM

This may help ... http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/ .

Also, here are some BC tutorials ... http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/networking/ .

Edited by ElfBane, 06 October 2014 - 05:32 AM.

#3 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

First thing to review is are you putting all the required info in for the static ip.

Post the results of a ipconfig /all when connected by dhcp and another post of when connected with a static ip.

#4 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:32 PM

As the title says, I can't connect to internet while on static and in the Domain at the same time. I know my default gateway, subnet mask, and IP range. 

While I'm in Domain and set up the IP to dhcp, it can receive and send data packets, I can ping websites etc, I have internet.

And when I change it to static IP it connects to the network but I cant browse. 

I'm not that knowledgeable to domains, but I can understand how it works.

Hope some you you guys can help me clear this out. thank you in advance. 

When you are doing static what are you using for DNS? Also, the IP you are using are you certain it's not being assigned to another device? You said domain, is this a managed domain? If yes, are you sure security measures aren't being implemented to prevent ranges or/and block of IP's from connecting?

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users