Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Group Policy Client not working.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 FrustratedMan

FrustratedMan

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:57 AM

Just 2 days ago I got an error on startup about the 'Group Policy Client',i thought it was nothing, but ive noticed my PC being slow , and Google Chrome wasnt working so i uninstalled it but but i cant install it again(the installer hangs on downloading), so after googling solutions i found one, which told me to create missing registry keys, but that solution didnt work for me. I also checked the services window, it says GPC is started Automatiacally(With a trigger start whatever that means) but double clicking on it shows that the staus is stopped and i cant alter it, the options are grayed out. I have no idea what is causing the problem is but it is very annoying.

PS there is only 1 account on this PC, it is a local account not attached to a hotmail account.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

The GPC depends on the DCOM Server Processor Launcher and the RPC Endpoint Mapper.  Check and see if these are set to Automatic and are started.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

To run sfc /scannow in Windows 8 you will need to open the Elevated Command Prompt.  The easiest way to do this is to press the Windows key and the X key at the same time.  A menu will open with the option Command Prompt (Admin), click on this.

You will see a window similar to the one below.

elevatedcommandpromptw7_zpseba8c499.png

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens type in sfc /scannow (please note the space between sfc and /scannow), then press Enter.

If the scan finds no integrity  problems in the first portion of the scan it should stop, to be sure that the scan has stopped wait five minutes, then type in exit and press Enter to stop the scan.

If it does find integrity problems the scan will continue.  This will take a while, please have patience and allow it finish.  

When the scan is finished please post the log of this scan.

To find sfc /scannow log, type cmd in the Search programs and files box, 

cmd will appear above the search box under Apps., right click on it and choose Run as administrator, this will open the Elevated Command Prompt.  This will look similar to the image below.

elevatedcommandpromptw7_zpseba8c499.png

copy and paste the following, then press Enter.  

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled sfcdetails.  Click on this to open the log, copy it and paste it in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 FrustratedMan

FrustratedMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:59 PM

Thanks for answering, Ive been having a hard time looking for help.

Both the DCOM and RPC services are running.

Here is the speccy snapshot http://speccy.piriform.com/results/MKa6Xf2VTJpN5xdkUmLS6B1

Here are the MiniToolbox results

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 21-07-2014
Ran by SeedatPC (administrator) on 05-10-2014 at 18:28:52
Running from "C:\Users\Haris\Downloads"
Microsoft Windows 8.1  (X64)
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (10/05/2014 06:28:41 PM) (Source: Software Protection Platform Service) (User: )
Description: Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2114-09-11T17:28:41Z. Error Code: 0x80040154.

Error: (10/05/2014 06:28:11 PM) (Source: Software Protection Platform Service) (User: )
Description: Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2114-09-11T17:28:11Z. Error Code: 0x80040154.

Error: (10/05/2014 06:27:40 PM) (Source: Software Protection Platform Service) (User: )
Description: Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2114-09-11T17:27:40Z. Error Code: 0x80040154.

Error: (10/05/2014 06:27:10 PM) (Source: Software Protection Platform Service) (User: )
Description: Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2114-09-11T17:27:10Z. Error Code: 0x80040154.

Error: (10/05/2014 06:26:40 PM) (Source: Software Protection Platform Service) (User: )
Description: Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2114-09-11T17:26:40Z. Error Code: 0x80040154.

Error: (10/05/2014 06:26:10 PM) (Source: Software Protection Platform Service) (User: )
Description: Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2114-09-11T17:26:10Z. Error Code: 0x80040154.

Error: (10/05/2014 06:25:40 PM) (Source: Software Protection Platform Service) (User: )
Description: Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2114-09-11T17:25:40Z. Error Code: 0x80040154.

Error: (10/05/2014 06:25:10 PM) (Source: Software Protection Platform Service) (User: )
Description: Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2114-09-11T17:25:10Z. Error Code: 0x80040154.

As for the command prompt scan everytime i try it comes up with this (http://imgur.com/0AUZOp4) no matter how many times i reboot.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:32 PM

Did you reboot as the message suggested in the command prompt?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 FrustratedMan

FrustratedMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:33 PM

Did you reboot as the message suggested in the command prompt?

Yes, if by rebooting you mean restarting then many times

Edited by FrustratedMan, 05 October 2014 - 01:34 PM.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

Can you open the command prompt?

#7 FrustratedMan

FrustratedMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:13 PM

Can you open the command prompt?

Yup

Just cant get sfc scannow to work

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:17 PM

Try the two commands below, press enter after each one.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

#9 FrustratedMan

FrustratedMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:25 PM

http://imgur.com/5gLPwpc

Do you need the logs? They are really long

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:49 PM

I will have to get back to you in the morning.  I have to leave for now.

#11 FrustratedMan

FrustratedMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:21 AM

Uhh my problem just fixed itself :bananas: I dont know how it happened but thatnks for helping anyway

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:25 PM

Let us know if you have any further problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users