My computer has been randomly crashing and it has a long complicated history for a fairly new computer. There are things I really don't grasp that have happened with this system. I wanted to completely reinstall because I've got most of the files I want saved on discs, but apparently I did not understand what that would require.
Let me try to summarise this as best as I can remember it.
1. I bought this computer and it came not with a reinstallation disk for Windows (I have an acer with windows 7) but four recovery backups. I thought these would work to restore the system as new if anything went wrong. It's what I was told anyway. I'd never used these types of discs and have no knowledge of them.
2. The system began to go bad, the recovery disks didn't work.
3. A supposed friend at the time looked at it, told me I basically got screwed and that some of the internal hardware did not match the disks (none of this made sense to me, mind) and that he replaced the hardware with his own stuff (voiding the warranty without asking me in the process) and made four new recovery disks that he said matched.
4. The computer seems to be on its last legs now, crashing a lot, often not booting without MANY attempts to restart everything and with a client mac address thing happening and refusing to come on at all unless it's connected to the Internet. This happened with my last computer before it died on me and I remember asking this forum or another computer forum and was told that didn't make any sense if I remember correctly. Well, to me either! lol Anyway, the discs when I to use them don't do anything. When I try to run them upon starting the computer, none of the options are clickable. When I try to run them when the windows load normally, nothing seems to be executable? With those not doing anything and no windows 7 installation disc, I don't know if I can do anything on my own here?
5. I recently ran the hitman program on this computer and it found a bunch of garbage like Snap Do and after running it, I couldn't access my internet connection and it couldn't even find the hardware or wireless options and I had to perform a system restore to get back onto the internet.
Did any of that give anybody a clue as to what's going on does anyone know how I can just reset everything or is this likely leading to having to a dead computer? I read somewhere that the client mac address thing starts to happen before it dies. So confused. Way over my head.