Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User Profile Gone

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NuffLuv

NuffLuv

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:53 PM

I turned my pc on and the system didn't recognize my password.  Rebooted, still didn't recognize.  Reset, still didn't recognize.  Created a new user profile, and now all my previous files are inaccessible (as well as the previous user profile).  Did a system restore and now no longer have internet access via my router, even though all other pc's/laptops hooked up to it do; the pc doesn't recognize it at all..  Light is on for the network adapter and have tried other cables.  Not really sure what to do; any ideas?  Really hoping there's a way to get access to my previous files.  Still thinking that they might be on the pc since memory available is still the same.  Any help would be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

You might try http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-corrupted-user-profile#1TC=windows-7 .

Louis

#3 NuffLuv

NuffLuv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 06:35 PM

This can't work because I can no longer see the previous user profile.  But there are some folders under the new profile that I can see, but am denied access.  Plus, still don't have internet access.  Thanks.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:20 PM

In the new user profile type CMD > Right click Run as Administrator. At the prompt type

net user administrator /active:yes

Log out of the account. You should see a new account called Administrator which is a super user account. Login to it. Can you access the other profile and files?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users