Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Domain Registration/redirection Services?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Whitesugar

Whitesugar

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:27 PM

I've decided I'm in need of a good host to provide a few services for me, particularly within my limited budget. The following is what I'm looking for.

Domain Redirection Service (Aka; yourname.com redirects to whatever site I assign it under)
Affordable (Yearly/Annual fee only, please; limit $9*)
Domain Email Redirection Service (Aka; you@yourname.com redirects to whatever email I assign it under)
.Com or .Net extention only
No ads

*Fee would have to be manual renewal only, as the method of payment I am using would not be
applicable for automatic withdrawls.

The ability to add a service if I needed to at a later time would be great, particularly webhosting/space. If not, affordable transfering to another provider that would suit my needs would be lovely.

I've actually come across some seemingly reliable looking companies that suited my needs, but thought I'd ask here first to see if anyone has actually had any experience with them.

MyDomain.com
GoDaddy.com
NameSecure.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:59 AM

I use GoDaddy..quite happy with it. I handle the domains myself through afraid.org..... you are not going to get web hosting and a domain name for $9 though, unless you plan on hosting the site yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users