Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

adware: Desktop Temperature Monitor in Windows Vista Home Premium

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 precious57

precious57

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:46 PM

Help, PLEASE!  A website told me i needed to update java, so i did... apparently this adware DESKTOP TEMPERATURE MONITOR by System Alerts LLC came along for the ride! (sorry, frustrated! as i'm sure everyone else has been also!)  next thing i know browser changed, adds popup, redirected to their webpages in the middle of work and all work lost.  finally figured out where and who this came from, but cannot uninstall in programs and features.  gives me a list of programs and etc(?) that has to be closed first, unable, told to do manually, still unable but then microsoft flashes message that critical error occured and has to shut down.  i've run scans of everything i can think of and nothing.  tried fixes, support, and so lost i dont remember what im trying to do at times. 

my goals:  1) remove this adware  2) turn windows defender on  3) try to reinstall adaptors: microsoft Tun miniport adaptor, and microsoft 6to4 adaptor #2.    without crashing my computer completely!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:06 PM

The OP has now solve the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550813/thank-you-for-adwcleaner/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users