Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

desktop windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 arda2

arda2

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:08 AM

Hello 

Can anybody help with  this prob How i can get desktop back on screen I'm using Toshiba satellite c50 a . My own fault I  was refreshing laptop now I just have ease of use icon in left hand corner /on right corner shutdown /restart .No control panel.  All help appreciated 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:23 AM

To understand properly, did you go into the Win 8 recovery features and elect to refresh the system keeping your personal files, and something went wrong and now it doesn't boot up properly, is that correct?

Any additional details that might be relevant, could be helpful in resolving the issue.

All is well in Paradise.

#3 arda2

arda2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:30 AM

hi Rokysosua

yep thats what i done. It did come on saying windows secure boot did not configuration prop  Then I think i pressed something I dont know what .Now just screen as I explained 

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:03 AM

In a worst case scenario you can do a System Recovery using the recovery partition on your hdd.  This will return you operating system to the state that it came out of the box.  This will remove any data added since you first started using the computer.  It will also remove any programs you downloaded or installed from a disc.

If there is data which you would like to recovery you can use a operating system like Ubuntu to do this.

You can find excellent instructions at Toshiba.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

Does that page you get to, have squiggly coloured lines on it.

It sounds very much like the cover page to the user sign in window.

Have you tried just clicking on it?

Edited by rockysosua, 04 October 2014 - 11:29 AM.

All is well in Paradise.

#6 arda2

arda2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:48 PM

Thanks for all  your help guys

Am back up and running did't want to have to restore factory settings so got  into recovery  tried refresh again 

yep it worked all doc /files there took ages  not complaing just have to install few things .I think what happened was i have 2 birds they fly around inside house I dident turn of p c when i was refreshing last time blame the birds anyway. Prob trying to watch (wish you were here) thanks again

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:51 PM

I'm glad the refresh worked for you.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:19 PM

I've seen cats mess up systems, like a lady who had me on the phone for over an hour until we figured out that the cat turned the Wifi off.

All is well in Paradise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users