Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Odd boot faliure.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 313Wolverine

313Wolverine

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:14 AM

Good morning,

The other day I was mid-game on my pc and the system failed. By failed I mean the screen wend black and ceased to function. There was no stuttering of sound or video. Upon re-boot attempt I can see the mobo splash screen for about 5-10 sec and even enter bios set-up but the the screen goes black. Ordinarily I would chalk this  up to a video card faliure but upon letting the computer run its normal boot course I do not hear any sound that would indicate that it is booting normally. (i.e. windows start-up) I am currently going through hardware in the process of elimination. So far I have:

-Checked cmos battery voltage (good 3.2v)

-reset cmos

next I am going to swap video card for an older one then finally swap the psu and cycle memory.

The mobo in question is an ASUS M3A32-MVP deluxe

video ATI 58xx

cpu AMD phenom quad core 9xxx

I am posting here in hopes there may be other things I have not tought of, any heap is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all!

(313)Wolverine

Detroit, MI USA

Edited by 313Wolverine, 04 October 2014 - 08:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 313Wolverine

313Wolverine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:59 AM

Well, I swapped video cards, tried to boot with only 1 memory stick, swaped both. Once again I can get into bios by mashing del on startup but then  the screen goes black... any suggestions?

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:42 PM

Hi, have you tried the ATI video card on another computer just in case?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users