Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to delete 'hiberfil.sys' from C in Windows 7 ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 jalalbhai

jalalbhai

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:04 AM

I want to delete "hiberfil.sys" from c drive.I think its is not needed for my lap top................Could you guys suggest anything!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 johnebadbak

johnebadbak

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:34 AM

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/15140/what-is-hiberfil.sys-and-how-do-i-delete-it/

#3 jalalbhai

jalalbhai
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:09 PM

Hai johnebadbak,

I just tried to follow the instructions given in the link that you have given to me. When I typed "powercfg -h off"  it shows that "you don not have permission to enable or disable Hibernate feature  ".

What would I do??

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:26 PM

For now,  you really should not do anything with it. Is this the same computer you are having infection issues with as reported in your AII topic here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550892/rockettab-infection-and-other-issues

#5 jalalbhai

jalalbhai
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:50 PM

Queen-Evie

Yea.

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:27 PM

As I stated in another of your topics malware removal should be your first priority.

Since you do have an active ongoing AII topic, this one is closed to avoid any confusion.

If you still want to pursue this after your system has been declared clean, please pm any moderator and ask that this topic be reopened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users