Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Lap Top

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 snow41

snow41

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 10 June 2006 - 04:21 PM

I just bought a new lap top two days ago. Some how i managed to get a virus or spyware (winiogen yes i checked and there is a virus out there called that , it uses up a lot of your memory and no it isn't the one that is supposed to be their its like a copy cat)that was using 99 percent of my memory. (I did install mackafee first thing when i got the computer ). anyways I did the f11 recovery thing and did a full recovery. So then it seemed everything was fine till I tried to play a DVD in my dvd drive. It wouldn't play and my sound wont work. Well I played around with it and found a few items that were causing problems. It said to unninstal and the ad hardware drive could be used to add the device back. So I uninstalled one of the sound parts that had issues. Then went to ad hardware. I keep getting a message with add hardware that says "You can only add one device at a time and when it is finished with the one being added it will let me add more. It has been telling me that since yesterday. I doubt it could be adding hardware for that long unless it is very slow. Anyway my question is;

Can I get the add hardware to add more hardware instead of what it keeps telling me?
[b][size=3]
My computer is a
IBm think pad
r40
processor is mobile intel celeron
speed 1999 mhz
memory 256 ram
what else do you need??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 snow41

snow41
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:32 PM

I got my sound and dvd fixed by going to the ibm website and downloading the updated drivers I needed. But still my add hardware is still telling me the same mesage. How could it be adding hardware for this long. Im confused. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users