Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ATI Driver issues once w8 upgrade

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jakeandchase

jakeandchase

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:10 AM

Hi All,

Having the most frustating time with my AMD HD Radeon 6850 and the stupid ATI Catalyst Control Centre. OK So i upgraded to windows 8 and it has meesed up my HDMI Monitor. The screen is only half filled. I know in order to fix this i need to change my scailing options within Ati CCC but I'm missing almost ALL of the options in CCC? I've tried 3 different drivers from the ati site, the guru3d driver sweeper and reinstalling them all, disabling the STUPID microsoft drivers from auto installing.

Has anyone experienced this? Why are all the features missing from my ccc? It's annoying using 18 inches of my 24 inch monitor.

This is legit the only options in my CC. Scaling and overscan is not in any of them

http://puu.sh/bYvOv/2548d516f3.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:52 PM

Hi,

When you go into control panel -> display does it identify your monitor correctly?

Keep us posted

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 jakeandchase

jakeandchase
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:25 PM

Here?

http://puu.sh/bZxX2/34f7703cc4.jpg I think that's fine.

It identifies it as a generic pnp http://puu.sh/bZylC/6f329548b3.png

Edited by jakeandchase, 04 October 2014 - 07:31 PM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,958 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:41 PM

Do you have two monitors? Because it shows extended display on the Screen Resolution image. Press the Windows key + P. If you only have one monitor select computer only.

Edit: As dicke mentioned, what is the make and model of the monitor?

Edited by JohnC_21, 04 October 2014 - 07:43 PM.

#5 jakeandchase

jakeandchase
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:00 PM

I have two monitors. My DVI one being the second monitor (Acer G245H) and my main HDMI monitor (the not scailed) is a samsung s24c350

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,958 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:29 PM

Screen Resolution shows the Samsung Model number but it's listed as Generic under the Monitor tab. I am not sure if you do not get the full setting in CCC because of this. I did find this page but the monitor has a suffix of HL. At the bottom of the page is the drive for the monitor. Can't say that it will work though. Samsung's US site did not show this driver.

http://www.samsung.com/my/consumer/pc-peripherals-printer/monitor/led-monitor/LS24C350HL/XM

#7 jakeandchase

jakeandchase
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:28 PM

Installed those drivers successfully but still no settings :(

note i do get this message when opening ccc?

http://puu.sh/bZNfD/7fa68d1f4c.png

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,958 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:06 AM

Can you give the make and model of the computer? Is the OS 8 or 8.1? Are there any yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager?

Edited by JohnC_21, 05 October 2014 - 08:10 AM.

#9 jakeandchase

jakeandchase
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:05 PM

Customer buiilt. Video card is a HD Radeon 6850

Windows 8 Pro.

Devices here http://puu.sh/c0Vjj/ea109be5f3.png

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,958 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:47 PM

When you used Driver Sweeper, did you use it in Safe Mode? I realize that Windows 8 safe mode is difficult to start compared to Windows 7.

I could not tell if you have an Intel CPU and chipset because AMD has a Clean Uninstall Utility that removes ALL AMD drivers including Chipset and USB drivers. If you have an AMD processor do not use it.

After removing the AMD driver, I would use their AMD Driver Detect software. You may have better luck using that.

But, before doing anything, enter device manager and right click the Graphics Card. Select Properties and under the Driver tab select Update Driver. See if it can find an updated driver using the internet.

#11 jakeandchase

jakeandchase
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:38 PM

Yes i do everything in Safe Mode. I'm seriously about to give up and format back to w7.

I've tried 3 different AMD drivers (including the detection tool) and driver sweeped each time.

Still missing 80% of the settings in CCC.

EDIT (SOLVED): WTF? I did an upgrade from w8 to w8.1 and it fixed the issue? All options ARE now in CCC?

Strange. Thanks for the help!

Edited by jakeandchase, 11 October 2014 - 01:15 AM.

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,958 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

Thanks for the update. Glad you got it fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users