Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot get Broadcom network adapter to work-no driver

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kcguru

kcguru

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:35 PM

My manager has a Toshiba Satellite Laptop C75D-B7215 that was running Windows 8.1 when she bought it. Turns out the 8.1 is not compatible with the software we use at work (work at a hotel-reservation software) so they reservation software told her to roll it back to Windows 8 Pro and it would work. Which it does, but the wireless does not work. She can connect to the internet with an Ethernet cable just fine but no wireless. I got the laptop today and went to the device manager and the network controller has the exclamation point by it and it says that there are no drivers installed for it. When I go into the details under hardware ids it says: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4365&SUBSYS_30021B9A

I have tried finding a driver for it but nothing seems to work to get this thing up and running and my manager is leaving for Canada Sunday and needs to take the laptop with her, with wifi capabilities. I would really appreciate the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:38 AM

Here are the drivers available for that model, have you tried them? http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200008443 .

#3 kcguru

kcguru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 06:39 AM

I have tried the Broadcom driver from that page but it won't install. It starts to install and then a notepad document pops up saying a path can't be found and the install fails everytime. I am attaching the document that pops up.

Attached Files

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,296 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:36 AM

I dont' think the drive on that page will work as you downgraded to WIndows 8 and the driver on that page is only good for 8.1. There are drivers out there with the same Vendor and Device ID but I have not found anything for windows 8 with that subsystem number. They may work but I doubt it.

Edit: Here is the link. Click the Hard Drive Icon, not the green download button, and provide a first name and junk email address. This will take you to the download page and select to download from Toshiba.

I will post a link to a driver in a bit but if it does not work, I would recommend paying about $10 and getting a small USB wireless dongle like this.

http://www.tp-link.com/lk/products/details/?model=TL-WN725N#over

Edited by JohnC_21, 04 October 2014 - 08:44 AM.

#5 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:32 AM

Also, Toshiba lappys almost always have a wifi On-Off switch, make sure that switch didn't get toggled Off when you were handling it.

#6 kcguru

kcguru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:52 PM

Thank you! I got it up and running!

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,296 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:00 AM

Glad it worked for you. Thanks for the update. Was it the driver I linked to that worked for you or did you decide to use the USB dongle?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users