Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SSD help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 durkinjt

durkinjt

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:19 PM

Could use a little help. Just got a SSD HD. 125G, came with no indtructions, I have a Lenovo K450 that has a drive  for SSD, set it in the slot, shows up on device manager and speccy, but not on "This PC". Have never had a SSD before and tried Google and got nowhere, any help greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Frozwire

Frozwire

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:55 PM

I think you may still need to create a new simple volume/partition on your SSD and assign a drive letter to that volume in Windows Disk Management console so that you will be able to access and see the drive under your My Computer's Folder.

"Encryption...is a powerful defensive weapon for free people. It offers a technical guarantee of privacy, regardless of who is running the government... It's hard to think of a more powerful, less dangerous tool for liberty...” - Esther Dyson

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

How do you buy a SSD...that has no documentation?  No name?   Nothing indicating how you might go to a website and read whatever documentation exists for that drive?

If the drive is connected, it should be reflected in Disk Management, whether it's formatted or not.  It won't appear in Windows' Computer or Explorer listings until it has been formatted/partitioned.

Louis

I'm kind of confused, forgive me.  Is this an external drive...or an internal drive?  I only just now realized that you posted in External Hardware and there are such things as external SSDs.  Can you clarify for us?

Edited by hamluis, 07 October 2014 - 04:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users