Just today I got an error about the 'Group Policy Client', normally lazy me would put off solving this, but ive also noticed my PC being slow today, and Google Chrome wont work, so after googling solutions i found one, this is what I found:
There are two places to look in the registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services this path should contain gpsvc key (a folder), which is responsible for service parameters and configuration. I found that the key was intact, so, you do not touch anything here - just check that the key exists.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SVCHOST This is the most important path you should look into, as it must contain the keys and values referred in the key #1. Below are descriptions what must be present there.
- There must be Multi-String value called GPSvcGroup. My laptop was missing it. So, you should create multi-string value named GPSvcGroup and assign it value GPSvc.
- Next, you must create a key (a folder) and name it GPSvcGroup - this key normally should be there, but, again, it was missin on my laptop.
- Then open newly-created GPSvcGroup folder and create 2 DWORD values:
- First called AuthenticationCapabilities and you must give it a value of 0x00003020 (or 12320 in decimal)
- Second is called CoInitializeSecurityParam and it must have value of 1.
I found this answer pretty much everywhere, and followed the instructions to the letter, but it doesnt work for me. Help!?
Edited by FrustratedMan, 03 October 2014 - 02:57 PM.