Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 ethernet cards in one computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pladopus

Pladopus

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:28 PM

I have a desktop computer that is getting internet from another computer downstairs via ethernet cord (internet connection sharing), I'm wondering if I put another ethernet card in the computer upstairs I can then run an ethernet cord from that to another computer and enable sharing on that computer?

So one ethernet card will be receiving and then the other sharing.. Or won't that work? I know somehow I'd have to bridge those adapters together so they can communicate what is going on..

Or am I just going to have to buy a switch? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:14 PM

Make your life simpler.  Get a wifi router.

Yes you can engage ICS on this second PC to another PC.  Problem is you will need to change the ICS dhcp server range to something other than 192.168.137.x so your 2nd connection doesn't have the same ip subnet as the first.  You can google how to change ICS ip address range for the how to.

Do realize that with each hop from the main internet it gets slower.  A router would give each direct connections to the internet.

#3 Pladopus

Pladopus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:35 PM

I know but I like to keep thangs oldschool ya dig, i aint bout that wifi life.

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

Do they make just wired routers for home use anymore? If not turn off the wireless. But your life do what ya want daddy-o

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users