Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Odd freezing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 x81kilo

x81kilo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:09 PM

Hi,

I am really new to this forum, mostly read alot here and learn, but now im stuck with a weird problem.

I have a windows 7 laptop, which will ping out, can do tracert, nslookup successfully.  I have 3 browsers installed, IE, Chrome and Firefox.

I cant seem to browse to any site, not even by ip.  I have checked:

Hosts file,

ip address set to static, then dynamic,

i tried to flushdns and pc hangs there like its doing something till it stops responding.

I went to services.msc to check dnsclient, its set to start automatically

I am not really sure what else to try.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Best Regards,

x81kilo

Edited by hamluis, 03 October 2014 - 03:28 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 x81kilo

x81kilo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:17 PM

Also, when i try to go from dynamic to static ip change from the wireless network connection 3 properties window, it freezes the same, i also tried to use Ethernet directly to switch, to cable modem, to wireless router to same end.

#3 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:09 PM

I don't know about the freezing problem, but I can tell you that all the browsers are controlled by "Internet Options" in the Control panel and you can have an internet connection as you do, but be unable to use any internet browsers, because of settings in "Internet Options".

Open Internet options and hit the "Connections" tab and make sure there is no proxy and/or dial up in there and check mark the top option to be on Automatic, hit OK, then try your internet browsers.

All is well in Paradise.

#4 x81kilo

x81kilo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:41 PM

Interestingly enough, i found some other articles related to anti pup? or something like that and noted there was a similar program running, i booted into safe mode deleted the app, and fixed my hosts file to default. i am now getting sporadic access albeit slow as heck. i will keep testing on my end.

thank you for your support! I will definitely check the internet options in control panel

#5 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:12 PM

If the problem was caused by malware, as it often is, you could scan with Free Malwarebytes and free Superantispyware {careful to not accept trial versions),

All is well in Paradise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users