Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 donisonleague

donisonleague

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

I'd like to have a suggestion about Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.. i know that its free version doesn't have the real-time protection so i can't use it as my only AV and i'm using it only to do deep scans when i've to, but what if i buy premium version?

Will it be a good AV alone?

Haven't find any review on the AV-Test.

Thanks for suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:54 PM

Hello donisonleague:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is not an anti-virus application.

MBAM is a non-antivirus, anti-malware application and is a complimentary adjunct application to a fully installed, full-time, high quality anti-virus application.

The additional features that distinguish the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PREMIUM and 14-day TRIAL versions from the FREE version are:

• Malicious Website Blocking. Prevents access to and from known malicious webpages.
  • Real-time Protection. On-access scanning that detects malware automatically in real-time, before it can infect.
  • Hyper Scan Mode. Scans faster by only looking for active threats.
  • On-demand Scan and Database Update Scheduler.
    • Scheduled incremental database updates. For those users with slow or dial-up Internet access, the incremental database updates are far smaller and faster.
    • Scheduled Threat, Hyper, Custom, and Startup system on-demand scans.
  • Malwarebytes Chameleon System Driver. Prevents malware from terminating Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or modifying its processes.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/free/

Edited by 1PW, 03 October 2014 - 01:07 PM.

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:34 PM

The following quote is a statement from the Malwarebytes Team.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not meant to be a replacement for antivirus software. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a complementary but essential program which detects and removes zero-day malware and "Malware in the Wild". This includes malicious programs and files, such as viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware, and rogue applications that many antivirus programs do not detect or cannot fully remove. It is important to note that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware works well and should run alongside antivirus software without conflicts. In some rare instances, exclusions may need to be set for your specific antivirus product to achieve the best possible system performance.

Larry Tate
Product Support

A similar statement is in this HelpDesk Article: Does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware replace antivirus software?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 donisonleague

donisonleague
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

Thanks to all.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:31 PM

You're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users