Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Galaxy Tab2 10.1 won't start, just cycles around and around

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hogesinwa

hogesinwa

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Location:Crossed the Atlantic, via Havana. Now in Tampa Bay area for a while.
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:24 AM

Info: Device Size:2 10.1 Device Model Number:GT-P5100 Android Version:4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich

Hi,
My Tab 2 refused to turn on about a month ago. Cycled around and around the blue screen, back to "Galaxy Tab" back to the blue screen, refused to actually start up

Researched and found the reset instructions. Was not at all happy about this as I have a heap of downloaded magazines and apps on it but I got over the issue and began painstakingly re-downloading my apps and mags. I live on my boat so I don't have what you would call normal hi-speed internet. These downloads are done where I can find a bar or a café to do them in.

Yesterday, it did it again.  Swore lots but strangely it didn’t fix it.  Began restoring apps and magazines.

Today, the p.o.j. has done it again. Won't start, just cycles around and around and around between the Galaxy screen and the blue screen, though this time the cycle goes past the blue swirly cloud and makes it all the way to the “Samsung” logo that changes colour.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with it? (If it is now useless it is a remarkable piece of engineering, as it is one month out of warranty.)

I am in Italy, on the Adriatic, and don't speak Italian so I can't even find who sells these things here. I doubt if there is a dealer anywhere in this town (Monopoli) but I’d stand corrected if there is.

I should say that in the past month, and shortly before it pulled this stunt the first time, it did do unasked for restarts occasionally (not often, but before this dumba.. behaviour of locking into this cycle.

Anyone ever come across this and know what's going on?

Secondly, can anyone recommend a better tablet than a Samsung?  Must have external SD card and at least 16gb internal storage.  Not a cheapie, always prepared to pay for quality.  Android, not Windows and not Apple (we have an iPad 2 already) and two Toshiba laptops.

thanks
Hoges

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hogesinwa

hogesinwa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Location:Crossed the Atlantic, via Havana. Now in Tampa Bay area for a while.
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:41 AM

To partly answer my own question, I''ve been researching the forums here + links and I am leaning heavily to a Windows 8.1 tablet like the Dell Venue 11. Will go back to that forum and research more.

On the first questions, my current exchanges with Samsung support in Oz have reminded me why for 5 years I have had a no-Samsung-anything policy. Ducking, weaving, denying responsibility. They think we all live in the one ant nest our whole lives and if we step outside we can't be helped.
Hoges

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users