Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Different camera's

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 perebrine

perebrine

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:15 AM

Hi,

I breed Birds of Prey & use Ip cameras in the aviaries which I view on my laptop.

My original IP camera is an "EasyN" which I view wirelessly. I have recently bought a "Wanscam" which I've connected via a LAN line.

Both cameras have the option of adding multi cameras when I watch them on my laptop.,

Are they compatible, can I add the "EasyN" camera to the viewer I use to watch the "Wanscam" (Or vice versa) .

I have the option of making them both wireless or both using a LAN line.

Thanks in advance

John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,324 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:51 AM

It would depend on if they use some type of standard.  Normally you stick with the same brand so you don't have any issues.  You will have to load the software up and try, one, both, or neither may work.  Another option might be to use a different software package that is compatible with a range of cameras.

#3 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:53 AM

Or you could also get a decent DVR system such as the Night Owl products. They are relatively inexpensive (a $300.00 package gets you the DVR and 4 to 6 Cameras) and you can hook the one DVR to your router. Then you could setup port forwards through the router so that you can view the cameras from any web browser or even your phone. But it also depends on how many cameras your going to want.

Gavin Seabrook

#4 perebrine

perebrine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

Or you could also get a decent DVR system such as the Night Owl products. They are relatively inexpensive (a $300.00 package gets you the DVR and 4 to 6 Cameras) and you can hook the one DVR to your router. Then you could setup port forwards through the router so that you can view the cameras from any web browser or even your phone. But it also depends on how many cameras your going to want.

Thanks for the replies,

i do have a DVR set as well, connected to a monitor in my conservatory. What I like about the IP Cameras is the fact you can pan & tilt them remotely

John.

I hadn't thought about connecting it to my router though, Thank you.

Edited by perebrine, 05 October 2014 - 03:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users