Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purchase Template: Need new computer for music production

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 silkmoose

silkmoose

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:53 AM

Since I am asking for help, I feel I should at least introduce myself, so hi guys, silkmoose here :)

Before even considering a model, I thought I'd ask you for some advice regarding a desktop purchase. Here's the template, but if you need any more info, let me know  :bubbles: 

My budget for the new computer is: 
600 AUD

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)? 
Music production mostly, but I'd probably also like to play some games and edit a few videos on it :)

What software do you intend on using on the computer? 
Cubase 

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? 
Yes, Diablo III 

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? 
I'd probably concentrate on one task only, however seeing as I will be working with a bunch of VSTs, things could get freaky

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer?

I will be storing a lot of music and probably HD video recordings of my sessions and stuff

Will you be overclocking?
I'm not familiar with the term, so I guess not :bananas: 

Location for online shopping/shipment/prices?
Melbourne, Australia

How many monitors are you planning to use?
I suppose one big monitor will be more than enough for my needs

Do you need peripherals? OS?
Nah. Windows (10?)

Any particular reason why you are upgrading?

Just sick and tired of trying to run stuff on my Acer laptop  :killcomp:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 silkmoose

silkmoose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:59 PM

Okay, I think I managed to come up with a decent combo, but I'm still not sure about the hard drive. Since I'll be storing a lot of audio and visual data, I was thinking about WD Red 2TB Hard Drive. I think 2TB should do the work.

Any thoughts, or personal experience?

#3 Digital_Veil

Digital_Veil

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:25 PM

WD is a really good choice. I have used several WD internal and external storage devices and they have never failed me. !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users