Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having Odd Power Failures.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Talon1713

Talon1713

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 10 June 2006 - 12:47 PM

New member as you can see. I just built my first box and after a little bit of trouble I got it running. It ran for approximately a week. Then I left my computer on overnight and woke to find it off. I powered it up only to have it turn off unexpectedly after about 10 minutes. I attempted to power on again and the problem persisted.

My specs: AMD 3200+ , Biostar N4SLIA9 mobo , ATI Radeon x1800 GTO by Connect3D , 2 gigs of XMS RAM by Corsair , 300gig HD , 550 watt Logisys PSU , Windows XP w/ Service pack 2.

My suspicion right now is it may be the video card, but I am not sure on anything. I have 2 80mm case fans and 1 120mm casefan going along with my vid card and CPU fan. My internal system temp does not go over 31 C so I'm pretty sure it's not a heat problem. If anyone can help me please attempt to. I'm desperate to get this fixed and fairly soon I may end up taking it into the shop.

Edited by Talon1713, 10 June 2006 - 12:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:16 PM

How are you checking the system temperature? What is the CPU temp?

#3 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:43 PM

Hi, Did you put thermal grease between the cpu and cpu fan? Sounds like the cpu could be overheating.
Be sure the CPU fan is running also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users