Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Manage downloads. Browser downloads and download files. Safe browser downloads

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 josephs141

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:04 PM

I am the new administrator for  a non profit organization.  I am going to play dumbl; I'll pretend I am rookie. 

What is the proper method to prohibit downloads in IE, Firefox and Chrome? 

There are multiple workers asking me to allow them to download files to their computer.  Currently, they are "limited" or standard users in Windows 8.1 

Please explain and give instructions on how you can allow .pdf , .doc, .docx, xls files to be downloaded, but not .EXE or other files which can contain malware, trojans, viruses and worms. 

This is important.  They are pushing me to allow them to have control. 

Thank you for your explanation and steps.  Remember to give easy to follow steps. 

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:53 AM

You would need to set up filtering on the Internet connection, most likely through the use of a proxy server.  This isn't going to be a cheap or easy solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users