Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 8.1 broke

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 arda2

arda2

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:37 PM

I Know i shouldn't be messing with p c but how else are u going to find how things work , anyway i done something now laptop wont start in normal mode all i can see is a shutdown /restart icon on bottom right of screen and icon for disability's on left i cant get the screen to open that says start windows normally i thing its in a safe mode yea it is.  pressed f 12 but i'm not really sure what i'm doing .Can anyone help laptop is Toshiba  satellite c50 a 1gn  thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,000 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:57 AM

Open the Control Panel, click on Administrative Tools, then click on System Configuration.

Click on the Boot tab and uncheck Safe Mode.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 arda2

arda2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:02 AM

Arachibutyrophobia

Hello  how are you

I cant  get into control panel  all i have is a plain screen with ease of use in left hand corner and shutdown/restart in right hand corner .I have hit every button i could think of  even undid battery  now when i turn p c on toshba logo starts then password /then windowsSystem Configuration has started dont turn p c  just stuck and i know its something silly  

#4 MikeHunt

MikeHunt

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:35 AM

you lost your desktop thats, start searching for how to get your desktop back

#5 arda2

arda2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:53 AM

ok thanks i good at breaking things if i could a job at t i'd be happy thanks again

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,000 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:03 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 arda2

arda2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:28 AM

Hi its a Toshiba satellite model is... PSCJEE-008007EN i'm using old laptop at moment

#8 MikeHunt

MikeHunt

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:47 PM

Just a thought toshiba sucks. ive had two of them and my old one is still running after a screen replace 2 times. that from 2005 my newer one from 2010 is on its second hard drive and the mother board just took a crap after the hard drive crashed last year and the power plug was always loose. I used to like toshiba but now im with HP. Sorry. 

anyway im not expert i assume you dont have a boot disc to boot from.. 

without looking it up cause i dont have time but reboot it and keep presssing f8  or f2 if that doesnt work. get into the bios screen make sure you are booting from your hard drive that should not have changed should be your c: drive. if all that is set up make sure check things out if you can get into safe mode select windows normal mode. and also when u are in the bios you will see a tab called boot which i what i was speaking of above. check that out and drop down tab make sure your booting from your hard drive where your boot image is located. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users