Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PerformanceTest is a fony?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 maly01

maly01

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

Is there something wrong with my mobo, CPU or PSU?

Memory results:

ztxhmd.jpg

x3vj6.jpg

These comparisons are exactly the same memory as mine so why do the results differ greatly? overclocked vs regular or something??

CPU results:

2ziy9o3.jpg

jhdjeg.jpgJust seems completely off!

The only thing that looks genuine are my Graphic results:

28ksppj.jpg

vi0emu.jpg

I've never used this software or any other benchmarks before but i do wish to diagnose if there's a potential problem with my Motherboard more so than anything but if any component seems to be under performing please let me know, i tried using Hot CPU Tester Pro but i don't think it's compatible with W7 any longer or even has the ability to detect or analyze properly with todays hardware and is the only software i've seen that can supposedly test a Motherboard for performance issues.

Edited by maly01, 02 October 2014 - 01:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:56 PM

I'm not familiar with that software but some of the results look a bit low.  Try this one which publishes your results online and see how it does - http://www.userbenchmark.com/

When done put a link to the results and we can have a look then.

Just an FYI but I had to disconnect my external HDD with this benchmark as it would always fail on the disk test otherwise.

Edited by jonuk76, 02 October 2014 - 03:03 PM.

7sbvuf-6.png

#3 maly01

maly01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for the help here are the results.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 - 63.1%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 660 - 66.4%

Found Geekbench aswel so did another test here are the results.

Edited by maly01, 02 October 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#4 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,094 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:48 PM

The userbenchmark one is showing the CPU performance in the bottom end of the range for that processor, but it doesn't look drastically low (it's at the low end of the main group of results).  The "health 16%" thing indicates that 84% of FX6300's tested were quicker than yours.  But, if you look through the results it includes a lot of overclocked processors, running as high as 5ghz, so that partially explains that.

Can you post some screenshots from CPU-Z - it's a very small program.  Shots of all tabs with info would be good but I'm particularly interested in the SPD and Memory tabs to see the timings that are currently set.

Also a few questions:

- Are you using a 32bit version of Windows 7 with 8Gb RAM (as Geekbench indicates)??  You should use a 64 bit version otherwise much of that RAM is unusable and that will hurt performance.

- Is it a fresh install of Windows or has it been duplicated from an old PC you've upgraded or something like that?

- Are you planning on overclocking the CPU?  It's a high end motherboard and is designed for it, if you have decent cooling on the CPU.

7sbvuf-6.png

#5 maly01

maly01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:33 AM

I couldn't find the 84% as this website is slightly complicating for me but would it be possible instead to compare all my results against others with the same motherboard including stock settings?

All screenshots from CPU-Z, the results below:

21nma1y.jpg

24wvdk8.jpg

54zpdz.jpg

2n7thi.jpg

f3hrux.jpg

24vsh03.jpg

oaabli.jpg

I think Windows 7 64-bit could be an option for the future but not right now and my operating system was freshly installed (no upgrades etc). Overclocking is something i don't know nor ever done though i still have EVO212 heatsink but instead what i'm hoping to establish first is wether or not my Motherboard, CPU or PSU is failing before i should even consider overclocking right? If i was to overclock it would need to be a safe (warranty intact) unlike 5ghz and this FX6300 is a newly purchase which i replaced about 5-7 months ago from a 965BE which was never overclocked, i had that for about 3-4 years.

Edited by maly01, 03 October 2014 - 07:50 AM.

#6 maly01

maly01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:34 PM

I've found the percentages you talk about and something interesting with "AM3R2" and the people of Great Britain including me, all seem to have somewhat poor scores, there is even others countries with 3.6-3.9 base clocks when it ought to be 3.5?? then again it could just be a bad batch by Amazon.co.uk, anyhow i'll be using prime95 + memtest + other random bench that may determine further issues and a 1GB boot test, thank you kindly.

Here is just 1 GBR AM3R2 user and is it right that the R2 is about Motherboards having a Revision 2 tag?

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/2722

Sorry, i forgot to add CPU-Z Validator results from the previous results above; http://valid.x86.fr/w9hlmt

Edited by maly01, 04 October 2014 - 01:45 PM.

#7 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,094 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:13 PM

Sorry I was going to reply to this yesterday and got distracted :(

Anyway, the CPU-Z stuff looks to be normal really (processor running at proper speed).  By the look of it, you have Corsair 1600mhz DDR3 but it is only running at 1333mhz. Here are the specs for that RAM.  That could be changed in BIOS to run at 1600mhz at a timing of 9-9-9-24 at 1.5v, which should result in a small improvement in memory performance.  The numbers correspond to the CAS Latency (CL), CAS to RAS Delay (tRCD), RAS Precharge (tRP), and Cycle Time (tRAS) settings in BIOS.  Any other settings there you can and probably should leave on "Auto".

Re. the 64bit OS, it's my understanding that a Windows 7 license entitles you to use either 32bit or 64bit, so if you get a 64bit ISO, I believe you should be able to install it using your existing key.  Unfortunately a fully clean install is required, there is no 32>64bit upgrade process.  However you can use "Easy Transfer" to ease moving files to a new install (external HDD or something like that required to back the files up to).  I really think with 8Gb installed it will improve your system a lot.  In the 32bit system, you'll probably find only 3.25 Gb is available for use (it varies a bit from system to system).

Re. overclocking yes I agree you should iron out any problems before considering going down that route. It is AFAIK a warranty voider but at the same time, AMD pretty much encourage it with their "Black Edition" processors.  If you did decide to do it, do your research and start with small tweaks, and monitor stability and temperature.  I've overclocked pretty much all of my own systems to some extent in the last 10 years, but each to their own.

I should think R2 is the board revision yes.  Do you have an R1 or R2? I'd guess R1 from the BIOS date.  Here is a comparison with systems using the same motherboard as you - http://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Asus-SABERTOOTH-990FX/421

Edited by jonuk76, 04 October 2014 - 02:16 PM.

7sbvuf-6.png

#8 maly01

maly01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:24 PM

Oddly enough yes it's an R1 just not according to my Userbenchmark results. (AM3r2)

Tonight i'm going to try OCCT and share the results, didn't do any other Benchmarks yet but from RAM boot test that i did (x1 RAM stick, 4GB) there were no errors all beeps were consistent with Motherboard manual but i do recall seeing little specs of burnt/rust on 2 capacitors, number 1 was right next to the VGA and the other was located around the southbridge? i'll just show you this picture as an example below here;
c96ROm.jpg
Upon clearing the CMOS, i left all default settings in my BIOS (gaming reasons why disable some) and this time the results differ greatly but with this i noticed and i have it recorded on my iPad that a CPU bios feature something called "C6" makes awful noises as i was moving my mouse but not using my keyboard, then i opened my web browser and noticed this frequency is continuous i even took out the keyboard/mouse and monitor cable but it doesn't stop there. I went into safemode and the sounds stop, yeah this is great it must mean a driver or something right? can't be! lastly i set "msconfig" to a Diagnostic startup and still the noise was happening just as Normal startup, if you can jonuk please test this yourself it would be an interesting find but most likely it's a Motherboard problem? oh and i managed to locate the sound coming from where all the IO ports are so do you think it could be the digi+vrm making all that noise?

I may aswel take this to ASUS forums and hopefully RMA although tbh it would be easier to just buy a new one.

Here are the default bios setting results: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/67635

Edited by maly01, 06 October 2014 - 09:19 PM.

#9 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,094 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:34 AM

Hopefully people with more knowledge of the board on the Asus forum will be able to offer more advice.  I don't have the same motherboard or even the same CPU type so I'm not sure how much help my result will be.  I have all processor states set to enabled - the default.  Different processor states are to allow things like power saving features of the CPU (for example, allowing the CPU to clock down to a low power state when idle) or for 'turbo mode' and that type of thing.  Generally, you only disable them if they cause problems.  For example overclockers with heavily overclocked systems often disable power saving states because they can affect the systems stability.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users