Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How good is my bulid ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kurai yoru

Kurai yoru

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:28 PM

Hello

so before I start ordering these parts I wanted to check how good of a pc would it be

the processor : Intel Core i5-4690K 4-Kern (Quad Core) CPU mit 3.50 GHz
graphic card : Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 GAMING 4.0 GB 

mainboard : ASRock Z97 EXTREME3

rams : G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB DDR3 Kit (2X4)

power packs : EVGA SuperNOVA NEX850G G2 850 Watt

SSD : ADATA Premier Pro Series SP900 128GB MLC

Hard drive : WD Red WD10EFRX 1TB

case : Cooler Master CM 690 II Pure Black

so how good is that build ? and how is it going to perform while playing games like Tera, attack on titan, battlefield 4 .. etc ? 

is there any thing I should change or is it perfect ? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

I would say it is a good build, one step below the absolute top of the line consumer cpu and video card: (i7 4790k and 980GTX) outside of that, the WD red series hard drives are more of a NAS drive and not all that fast. I might suggest a WD Black instead. Also for an SSD I would recommend a Samsung 840 EVO over the one you have. Allthough the samsung evo is TLC, unless you are intending to do a ton of writes to that drive you won't have issues. Intel and Samsung are the only 2 brands I currently recommend from a reliability standpoint. I have not personally owned an ADATA drive yet so I can not say for certain if those have a good track record. The reviews seem ok.

For frame rates with those games you should easily be able to play maxed out on those games at 1080p. 4K resolution is still laggy even on a 980GTX. The frame rates will depend on your resolution.

Edited by zingo156, 02 October 2014 - 01:10 PM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:49 AM

It looks very good.  You could up the processor to an i7 and get HyperThreading, such as the Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell Quad-Core 3.6GHz, but it won't make a huge difference in games.  ASRock isn't a bad brand, but they are known for thin PCB's, so, if you have the resources, I would go for a Gigabyte or Asus board, such as the GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI LGA 1150 Intel Z97.  An alternative to the ADATA SSD is the Intel 530 Series SSDSC2BW120A4K5 2.5" 120GB, which would be good.

3939.png

#4 Kurai yoru

Kurai yoru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 06:23 PM

thanks every one, happy to hear that it's good build overall, now let's talk a bout the case since I'm having a hard time to choose one

what do you guys think is the best case for less than 100$ in terms of look, led lights, cooling and features ?

Edited by Kurai yoru, 04 October 2014 - 08:03 PM.

#5 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:21 AM

The case is really a personal choice. I don't like LED's on my rig outside of HDD and Power lights. I would say go on newegg or some other online retailer and browse through the cases. I generally use Mid tower ATX cases.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#6 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:53 AM

Cases are more of a style choice, I prefer simple cases that are of high quality, preferably metal.  Typically, cases with windows, vents, or side fans will be louder and metal cases are of higher quality.  For performance builds, I suggest full ATX cases, they're huge, but have plenty of room to work in.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users