Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sign Of Life

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kariru

Kariru

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:31 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/89719/help-my-acer-laptop-will-not-turn-on/ - Hamluis.

Hi! I've been having this problem for a month now. In the earlier part, it wouldn't turn on when I bring it to school; but it does when I let it stay put at home for at least 2 hours. So I assumed my laptop wouldn't turn on because it was shaken during the trip from home to school, that it has to be on a stable surface for two hours before it turns on. I tested this assumption. I brought my laptop to school and let it rest on the table for 4 hours, but it still wouldn't turn on. I never brought my laptop to school again. 

Even if I leave my laptop at home, it still wouldn't turn on after 2 hrs of being shut down. During term break, I didn't use my laptop that much, but I found out that I can turn it back on again immediately even without the 2-hr rest. So I thought, I must have overused my laptop, and gave it enough rest everyday. It even has more hours of rest than I do, haha.

I thought all was well, because I was really taking care of my laptop; but today, I can't turn it back on. It has been 13 hours, and nothing happens.

The blue light at the edge of the laptop lights on when I try to turn on the laptop. The fan is also working. I tried taking off the battery, while the charger is still connected. What could be the problem?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 02 October 2014 - 11:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users