Every few months or so I will encounter a problem where my computer will begin to have problems with loading websites. Google Chrome will just display a blank page or say "no data received". I have to reload the website in Chrome a couple of times and it will sometimes sluggishly open or not at all. Obviously, rebooting the computer does not help and other devices on the local network, which access the internet via the same router function perfectly fine. Opening websites through a different browser such as Firefox can sometimes help, but does not always. Pinging websites works fine and downloading files also works fine.
Last time I had this problem I scanned my computer with HijackThis and uploaded the log to some auto analyzer forum, which found no threats. Then scanned with MalawareByes, HitmanPro, and RougueKiller, some of which I believe found small things (like a bad website cookie or corrupt registry entry), but did not fix the problem. Finally I ran ComboFix, which at one point helped me get rid of a nasty virus, and that was the only thing that was able to resolved the problem. I no longer have the log from that ComboFix run but I remember that the main drawback I had was that it somehow broke the update feature of my Kaspersky Internet Security, and I had to reinstall the software for it to work properly.
This time around I started having a similar problem a couple of days ago and just ran ComboFix straight away. As last time, it corrupted the update feature of Kaserpsky Internet Security, but after a restart the problem was gone. Looking at the log file, I can see that ComboFix deleted 4 files: