Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Already a Bleeping Believer!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Excallibro

Excallibro

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:40 AM

I've been using PC's since 1992, and generally know how to navigate around most dangerous operations. However, I've found that it's very easy to stumble, especially lately. People offer you free stuff that comes with a price, and I'm not just talking about software, but PDF files of books, music files, video files. You know what I'm talking about.

Most of the stuff I saw removed was related to free crap I've been accumulating for two - three years(and yes, I pay for what I like.) Some items may not have been infections, per se, but they contained problems ... which were not detected by run of the mill problem solving tools.

Suffice to say that I used the tools(I think in the correct order) on this page, which I stumbled upon here, and I'm very impressed so far with what changes I saw take place.

As soon as I see if these changes are permanent, I plan to make a donation to the cause.

Thanks to the management. ;)

Finally, given that I read at the end of this now "closed" thread that some of the tasks and tools may be out of date(April 2014,) can someone direct me to a new shining path? I'd love to see if there's anything else that these older versions of your SUPER TOOLS might have missed.

Thanks again,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users