Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

POST/diagnostic card help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 just19k

just19k

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:21 PM

I just bought a POST card to fool around with. It is a PCI/USB/PARALLEL card. It also came with a tiny cable that has two tiny female connectors on each end(see pic). It looks like it might connect to the bios jumper group but I could be completely wrong there. Which brings me to my question. Does anyone know how to use it on a laptop via the USB connection and the cable.  I cant find a lick of information on how to use it, not in the manual nor on the web. I did find something that said to connect the parallel and the USB at the same time but since when has a laptop had a parallel connector?

Attached Files

Edited by just19k, 01 October 2014 - 10:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:41 PM

Just pulled up the card and looked at the box contents

one of them is a user's manual - did you get one?

If not, did you go to the manufacturer's site to see if they have one you can download?

Keep us posted

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 just19k

just19k
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:30 AM

A manual came with it but it has no installation instructions what so ever. All it has is code definitions basically. I cant figure out who the manufacture is either. There's no names on the package and I tried googling the numbers on the package but found nothing. Its kind of sketchy because the English in the manual is absolutely horrendous. Despite that, the card does power up when I plug it up via USB cable but doesn't read anything on boot. Im imagining I have to connect the small wire to something also.

justin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users