Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about a fresh Windows Install

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tobymac987

tobymac987

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:16 PM

Hey everyone.  So i am trying to install a fresh windows on my pc.  I formated it as it had a corrupt version of windows installed.  Well now i am running into the problem where when i try to install windows it looks like I have no C drive.  I am guessing that this is because when it formated my hard drive it deleted all my drivers with it.  Now how can i make windows see that I do have a C drive installed if I cant even get to windows main screen to install the exe files.  Thanks for any help guys.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:56 PM

C: is a name given to your hard drive by an installation of Windows, rather than being something that is definitive. Windows does not name the disk so unless it is installed.

Boot from your install disk and install on your available drive.

Here is a step by step tutorial.

After you have installed Windows you can then download your drivers from your computer manufacturer website, then install them.

TsVk!

#3 tobymac987

tobymac987
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:10 AM

Thats my issue though its saying I have no hard drives attached even though i know i do. So i cant install it because it says it has no destination point.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:15 AM

Oh, ok... my apologies. Here is the MS fix for issue... slightly involved.

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows7/windows-7-installation-problem-hard-drive-not-found

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users