Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vicious Computer Deterioration

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LadyStrigoii

LadyStrigoii

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:07 PM

The computer I'm currently using has some vicious stuff going on.

It's removed my System Restore option and will not let me open any PC cleaners. What can I do to restore my computer?

I've tried to repair my System Restore by altering the "group policies" but it doesn't even exist there.

Before I did that I executed RKill, then tried to run Malwarebytes and MB wouldn't even load until I uninstalled it and installed an older version (A year old).

I then ran RKill, and successfully ran the older version of Malwarebytes.

Also, (**after running RKill before each attempt of each program**) I then tried to run CCleaner to no avail of even opening the program.

Then **RKILL, and an attempt at Adwcleaner; these all installed "appropriately" and Adwcleaner actually opened, but the second I hit "run" the program would entirely close and nothing would happen afterwards.

The only thing that I've installed that seems to be working is "SUPERAntiSpyware v. 6.0.1146", the only problem with this program is I've ran it three times and each time it picks up/removes something new. Every time!

And to round it all off I can't use System Restore, which was my last resort.

And I can't run any malicious item removers, I've been at this for hours, for a noob I feel like I'm making progress, but seeing as nothing is working still I'm at a total loss.

:killcomp: :smash: :crazy: :ranting: :question:

Side note; I couldn't get Malwarebytes to run with any Chameleons either. The only things that worked were SUPERAntiSpyware, and a year old version of MBytes. And the only thing that picked up/removed anything malicious was SUPER.

Edited by hamluis, 02 October 2014 - 08:41 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 59er

59er

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:12 PM

Ouch!

Have you tried accessing Restore in Safe mode? Restart, press and hold F8, then, using arrows, highlight Safe mode.

A second option is accessing 'Safe mode with Command Prompt'  Here are Microsoft's instructions: http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/304449    

If you can access, and  have any doubts about the nearest restore point being good (bad things can hide in there), pick an older one.

Edit: I should have asked if you tried Malwarebytes and RKill from Safe mode?

Edited by 59er, 01 October 2014 - 11:25 PM.

#3 LadyStrigoii

LadyStrigoii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:11 PM

Ouch!

Have you tried accessing Restore in Safe mode? Restart, press and hold F8, then, using arrows, highlight Safe mode.

A second option is accessing 'Safe mode with Command Prompt'  Here are Microsoft's instructions: http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/304449    

If you can access, and  have any doubts about the nearest restore point being good (bad things can hide in there), pick an older one.

Edit: I should have asked if you tried Malwarebytes and RKill from Safe mode?

Using an older version of Mbytes, I did get it to run in the normal mode. I didn't think running it in safe would be much different.

I am going to try to do Sys Restore in the command prompt. I haven't done that yet. I didn't really know how :/

Okay, so I tried to run it under the command prompt;

t'is a sad day.

I can't remember the specific wording but it did say something along the lines of "... could not find the specified function"

It is wiped away.

Edited by LadyStrigoii, 06 October 2014 - 06:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users