Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound mysteriously stops working..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 emily_rose

emily_rose

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:34 PM

Hi. So just a couple days ago my sound was working absolutely fine. I started up my computer and noticed that there was no sound on start up despite the speakers being on. I first checked the back of the computer and found that the speakers were plugged in as they had always been, but I disconnected them and reconnected anyways. I go into itunes to test a couple songs..still nothing. The subwoofer however, that was also still plugged in was working properly but no sound from the speakers. The next thing I do is check out the sound in the control panel. I try disabling and enabling, restart system and still no sound. I then checked the drivers which appeared to be up to date, I uninstall and reinstalled them anyways, still nothing. I don't understand what could have gone wrong. I can confirm that it isn't the speakers themselves as I tried them out on my cellphone, ipod and macbook and they worked just fine. I have tried playing around with the cords, putting them in the only slots they can fit in and nope..still nothing. Is it possible that my sound card decided to crap out randomly or is it something else? And what can I do to fix it? Please help! :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 PanickyD

PanickyD

• Members
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:01 AM

My sisters computer had a very similar issue recently. I reinstalled the drivers even though they were the same version/date. This worked.... temporarily. The sound quit again after about a week. I put a  $35.oo Sound Blaster card in it and has been fine ever since

After the game, the King and the Pawn go into the same box...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users