Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

astromenda, Premium Anti-Malwarebytes and Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 JeromeVictor

JeromeVictor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:38 PM

Hello Folks.

Astromenda got me!

Ran Anti-Malwarebytes and Farbar Recovery Scan Tool. Attached are the logs. Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Jerome

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Johnny Computer

Johnny Computer

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:11 AM

Hello JeromeVictor-

My name is Johnny Computer and I will be helping you with your malware issues today.  Please give me some time to  look over your logs and I will be back with further instructions A.S.A.P.   :)

avatar591802_2.gif"DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY."

#3 Johnny Computer

Johnny Computer

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,739 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:49 PM

Hello JermoeVictor-

Hello and   :welcome:  to BLEEPING COMPUTER

My name is Johnny Computer and I will be helping you with your malware related computer issues today   

Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.

§  First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer are volunteers. The logs you will be asked to submit can take time to analyze. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us.
§  Please read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
§  IMPORTANT-----> Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment. If you can not post all log files in one reply, feel free to use more posts.
§  Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
§  If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop and ask any questions you may have.
§  Please stay with me until I have notified you that your system is All Clean. Absence of symptoms does not necessarily mean your machine is clean.  
§  If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.
§  IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your operating system and losing all your programs and data.
====================================================================================================================

When you ran FRST there should have been 2 logs produced.  One is the FRST.txt log which you attached.  The other is called addition.txt and should be located in the same place as your FRST.exe file.  Please copy and paste the contents of that log into your next reply.

NOTE:  ALL LOGS SHOULD BE COPY AND PASTED INTO REPLIES NOT ATTACHED UNLESS SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED TO DO SO

======================================================================

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
§  Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.

Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
§  Click on the Scan button.
§  AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
§  After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R#].txt) will open in Notepad for review (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).
§  The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
§  Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
§  A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

====================================================================================

IN YOUR NEXT REPLY I NEED:
1.)  FRST additions.txt log
2.)  ADWCleaner Log

Thanks   :)

#4 Johnny Computer

Johnny Computer

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,739 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:37 PM

Hello JeromeVictor-

As stated in my welcome post

If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.

It has been more than 3 days since my first post.  Do you still need help?  If so please follow the instructions in my previous post and copy and paste the logs.

#5 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,043 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:40 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users