Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'Death Watch' claims to calculate life expectancy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:12 PM

If you're worried about what your lifestyle may be doing to your health, then a new - albeit very morbid gadget - gadget claims to help.
A Swedish inventor has designed a watch that apparently calculates a person's life expectancy - and even counts down to the time they will die. 
Dubbed the 'death watch', Tikker was created by Fredrik Colting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2776230/How-long-YOU-got-left-live-New-Death-Watch-claims-calculate-life-expectancy-based-lifestyle-counts-death.html

Would you wear one of these? I wouldn't . Somethings are best left a mystery.

Edited by NickAu1, 01 October 2014 - 07:14 PM.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 410 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:03 PM

Although this is a morbid subject, I think this is quite important. I am 80 now and I have savings that I am spending. My wife is only 70 so will probably live past the date of my death. I don't want to leave her short of money once my pension is no longer available. If I knew the date of my death, and she knew the date of hers, things would be so much simpler. I expect these gadgets will be expensive. Another thing to add to the equation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users