Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LONG BOOT TIME???

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pinegum

pinegum

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:56 PM

I have a reasonably powered desktop computer. It takes a good ten (10) minutes to complete the boot cycle, until the red light (activity light) goes off. I've looked at the things running (msconfig.) on startup, but not sure which ones I could remove. I've taken copies of the startup window programs and will try to paste them here. (Not sure it will work)
Nope. Can't figure out how to show you.

I'd appreciate any suggestions to speed up my boot process.

Thanks, Pinegum

Edited by hamluis, 02 October 2014 - 11:46 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:19 PM

You can post a picture as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

BCreply1_zpsc36d42fc.png 

Edited by dc3, 01 October 2014 - 02:21 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 pinegum

pinegum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:34 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Attached Files

#4 Aberrant

Aberrant

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:49 PM

Usually when I see startup programs from "Unknown" manufacturer I disable it and see if it solves some quirks. 

Does your computer works just fine as before after booting up to the windows desktop? Because I once had encounter this before, the same boot time problem as yours, and I ended up scanning the system and found some malwares that lurks during bootup. Have you tried running a "Boot Scan" in Avast? 

#5 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:04 PM

Uncheck,

Acronis,

lxdxmon,

quicktime,

microsoft life,

java,

lxtxamon,

fax solution,

adobe reader,

filehippo,

It would probably be a good idea to scan with free Malwarebytes and superantispyware (careful to not accept trial versions), then open a command prompt with admin rights and copy and paste the following,

sfc /scannow

then hit Enter, and last but not least, do a full diskcheck by command window again by copying and pasting,

chkdsk /r c:

then hit Enter, then Y for yes, then Enter again and the checkdisk/repair will be performaed at the next bootup.

All is well in Paradise.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:41 AM

Please run the following scans.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Please download AdwCleaner and install it.

When AdwCleaner opens you will see an image like the one below.

adwcleaner11_zps48314883.png

Click on Scan to start the scan.

Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.  

Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.  

You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed.  Click on OK.

When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your topic.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  After clicking on the link the download will start automatically.

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.

mbam1_zps95cc812c.png

Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan.

If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan

mbam1_zps98e7fba9.png

You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.

mbam2_zps85f38f0c.png

3)  The scan will automatically run now.

mbamreplace_zps3ead4824.png

4)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Quarantine All, then click on Apply Actions

mbam4_zps23e52ad4.png

5)  To complete any actions taken you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes

mbam4_zps490948cc.png

6)  Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items.  Copy and paste this in your next post.

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

1.  Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.

tds2.jpg

2.  Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system.

If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now.

2012081514h0118.png

3.  Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run.

tds4-1.jpg

4.  If threats are detected select Skip or Cure (if available) for all of them unless otherwise instructed.

***Do NOT select Delete!
Click Continue.

tds6.jpg[/*]

5.  Click Reboot computer.

Please copy the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt file found in your root directory (typically c:\) and paste it into your next reply.

Please run the ESET OnlineScan

This scan takes quite a long time to run, so be prepared to have the time to allow this to run till it is completed.

***Please note. If you run this scan using Internet Explorer you won't need to download the Eset Smartinstaller.***

• Click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • The ESET Online Scanner page will open, click on Yes, I agree to the trems of use, then click on Start, the scan will now begine.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    • Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 pinegum

pinegum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:51 PM

Thanks to all of you who gave me all that great help. I've completed all the suggestions and my computer is now running GREAT!!

Keep up the good work!!

:bananas: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users