Try doing a clean install/reinstall of avast...follow these instructions for using an additional remover and different (online) installer:
1. Download avastclear, Rejzors Uninstall tool and the appropriate avast program edition to your Desktop.
: You need to be ONLINE during this installation
2. Go to Add/Remove Programs
or Programs and Features
in Control Panel, select 'avast! Anti-Virus, click the Change/Remove button...when the avast Free Setup GUI opens, click Uninstall
. Be sure to reboot
3. Restart your computer in Safe Mode
- Double-click on avastclear.exe to run the utility.
- If you installed avast! in a different folder than the default, browse for it. (Note: Be careful! The content of any folder you choose will be deleted!)
- Click REMOVE.
- Restart your computer.
4. Run RejZor's avast Uninstall tool (avast-cleanup-tool)
in Normal Mode.
5. Once uninstalled, open Device Manager
> View > Show Hidden devices and check for anything related to avast with a yellow triangle. If found, remove it and reboot the computer.
6. Install the avast! setup version you downloaded to your Desktop and restart your computer when finished.