Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what do people know of malwarebytes anti exploit

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:20 AM

http://www.malwarebytes.org/antiexploit/ What do people here know of this tool, it's from malwarebytes so it should be pretty(read VERY) trustworthy but i don't know whether it's as helpful as it sounds. Or if it mainly just does things like redirect some pages or alter browser and search engine settings, in a way that might be a nuisance. Is it particularly effective? Do you think it would work well on a machine that is using AVG as it's main antivirus, MBAM free as a scanner, and firefox and chrome as it's browsers, firefox having noscript and adblockplus installed within it, or might some of these tools all running at once conflict with each other? Thanks
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:42 PM

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE), formerly ExploitShield by ZeroVulnerabilityLabs, is a security program that runs in the background as a standard Windows Service and protects against zero-day exploits that target browser and application vulnerabilities. MBAE provides three layers of exploit protection (against Operating System security bypasses, memory caller protection, application behavior protection). MBAE continuously monitors popular applications, preventing vulnerabilities in software and browsers from being exploited, blocks unknown and known exploit kits, proactively preventing the exploit from installing its payload before it can do damage. This means that it will protect against code execution that uses a certain vulnerability in an application. MBAE leaves a small footprint...meaning it is not intrusive, does not utilize a lot of system resources and does not use a signature database so there is no need for constant updating.

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium includes additional protecton (Shields) for PDF readers, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Media players and allows the ability to add/manage custom shields.

There is also a Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Support and Discussion Thread here.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 rp88

rp88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

Thanks, i'll install right away.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:22 PM

You're welcome.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif